Please note that we're not responsible if someone changes their prices or pulls an offer early, so check before you buy anything. But with that said, here's our list of deals on various courses, tools, and books that you may want to check out:
'A Modern Introduction to Programming' by Marijn Haverbeke is just one of the excellent books available over at No Starch Press.
They've an extensive range of printed titles covering programming, hacking, sys admin, and more – well worth a look. Use the code
BLACKFRIDAY20 for a discount. This applies to No Starch's books generally, by the way, and they have lots of fantastic ones worth browsing.. I have rather too many in my own collection.
The Learnetto Full Stack Bundle [$399 — a 70% discount]
This next deal combines a ton of courses and books into one complete pack. It's a bundling of several notable resources from respected experts, covering various frontend and backend topics such as React, Tailwind CSS, GraphQL, Serverless, VSCode, and more.
CEO of Lernetto Hrishi Mittal explains why you may want to pick up this deal in this Twitter thread.
The Opinionated Guide to React [30% off]
A late addition! :-) Sara Vieira is a developer at CodeSandbox and The Opinionated Guide to React is 200 pages of 'React recipes' and examples to get you up to speed with Sara's React approach to React quickly.
Important: You need to use the code
DiscountDayOfTheYear at checkout!
Courses from Wes Bos [$69 — was $139]
Wes is something of a course machine, over the past few years he's dropped several high quality video courses, covering things such as Gatsby, ES6, Redux and more.
For Black Friday all his courses are half price, plus purchasing power parity means you may get them cheaper still.
Node CLI Automation Course [$99 - was $249]
Jamstack Handbook from Colby Fayock [$5 - was $10]
If you're even a tiny bit curious about Jamstack, then this ebook from Colby Fayock explains what the fuss is all about.
Vue School [40% off - annual plan is now $114]
With 364 video lessons over 26 courses, you could watch a video almost every day of the year! If Vue is on your radar, we've heard good things about this collection.
All of Flavio's courses are on offer this week. The author/developer has courses on a variety of subjects, including React, Vue, Next.js, Svelte, and more. You can also grab all the courses in a bundle if you're feeling particularly scholarly.
Other deals of note:
- Tyler McGinnis and crew are offering 25% off on their UI.dev membership which gives access to all of their courses (covering things like TypeScript, Redux and React) and other benefits.
- Michaela Greiler is offering 45% off code review workshops.
- Testing tool Wallaby.js is available at a discount, starting at 25% off.
- Pluralsight subscriptions are 40% off.
- Todd Motto's Ultimate Courses also have a 40% discount for Black Friday.
- Checkly is a API and E2E monitoring tool offering 35% off any plan for 12 months.
- Pricing Freelance Projects is half off, today only.
- An API documentation course is offering 40% off till the end of the month.
- Mastering Nuxt is 35% off till the end of the month.